Installing orca and making it play nice with Speakup

Robert cole rkcole72984 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 03:16:21 EST 2012

Hello, Marcel.

I apologize as I have missed a lot of your posts concerning this topic.
Did you compile Orca from source by any chance?

I tried to test out Debian Wheezy (Testing) on a virtual machine, and I
found that Orca's package (gnome-orca) is not in the testing
repositories right now. I also went to
http://packages.debian.org/gnome-orca, and it appears that Orca is not
in the Wheezy repository at all.

I hope that this information is of some help to you.

Take care.