dynamic TTY allocation was: Re: Virtual consoles in Arch

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Mon Dec 24 17:50:59 EST 2012

Hi Garrett,
On Mon, 24 Dec 2012, Garrett Klein wrote:

> All,
>    I'm having an interesting issue. On one of my arch installs that was
> upgraded to systemd, dynamic vc allocation doesn't work, whereas on a new
> install it's working fine. Has anyone else experienced this issue and/or
> managed to fix it?

I have two systems here with new installs of archlinux,  and the problem I
described is found on both of them. Dynamic allocation of VC's works fine
up to console 6, but not for consoles 7 and higher. One system is a Lenovo
ThinkPad, and the other an Acer desktop with an AMD A6-3620 processor. Both
machines are 64 bit.

What I'm wondering is, how can I get more than 6 virtual consoles, with or
without dynamic allocation? I would prefer _WITH_ of course, but _WITHOUT_
would be okay too.

Chuck

--

Chuck in Hudson, i.e., Hudson on the Hudson.