Virtual consoles in Arch

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Mon Dec 24 10:51:01 EST 2012

Hi Kyle,

> Systemd allocates virtual consoles as needed, so simply switching to one will
> automatically create it. There should no longer be any need to statically
> allocate more, as you start now with only one. Hope this helps.

That only seems to work for the first six colnsoles for me, there seems to
be no way to switch to console 7, or 8, etc. I normally move from one
console to another with alt+right-arrow, or alt+left-arrow,  and when I am
in console 6 and press alt+right-arrow, I am back in console 1. Likewise,
alt+F7 doesn't do it for me either.

Chuck

--

Chuck in Hudson, i.e., Hudson on the Hudson.