hardware or software synths

Marcel Oats moats at orcon.net.nz
Sun Dec 23 22:41:16 EST 2012

I would personally recommend using Speakup with software speech. Most
distributions with Speakup now come up talking using eSpeakup, which
pipes the text to be spoken to eSpeak. My only other recommendation,
especially if you will be using multiple machines with varying
configurations, would be to carry a USB headset or other sound device
that you can trust to work with Linux. For some strange reason, some
onboard sound still comes up muted, so it's best to have something that
you can be sure will always play sound unmuted out of the box. Hope this
helps.
~Kyle
--
Kyle is a droid.