ArchLinux tutorials, and the state of accessibility in linux

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Fri Dec 7 23:36:50 EST 2012

Arthur Pirika  <speakup at linux-speakup.org> wrote:
>Excellent, I'm interested in emacspeak especially. and also gnome. What
>tools are needed to get emacspeak working in a software speech environment?

Emacspeak itself, and a supported synthesizer such as Espeak. It's best to
check out Emacspeak from its svn repository, then follow the instructions to
compile and install it.

If you need help, search the web, especially the Emacspeak site, for more
details.

I would suggest subscribing to the mailing list of any accessibility-related
software that you use regularly (e.g., Emacspeak list, Orca list).