No subject

Sat Dec 1 17:18:54 EST 2012

doesn't work in applications where it once used to work, and a user
has no way to return to the state where things do work, the version of
the screen reader should be down graded, and not upgraded.

Yes, I know that's harsh and maybe a bit unfair, and I don't mean to
belittle the wonderful work Kirk et al are doing, but free software or
not, having a program which doesn't allow for backwards compatibility
when needed, isn't going to help anyone, and might even make the
screen reader less attractive to newbys, when they realize there are
some applications that don't work with it. Next thing we know, they'll
be saying it's just like the windblows screen reader, where some
applications work, and others don't, and I'm sure none of us would
want to have something like that being spread around.

Also, while I appreciate Kirk's optimism, the fact is that we don't
have a large team of programmers working on the project, and improving
cursoring isn't going to happen over night. So, a feature that turns
it on and off is good, until cursoring does get improved.
Just my $.02 worth, and I hope I didn't step on anybody's toes here (smile).

Greg