No subject

Sat Dec 1 17:18:54 EST 2012

As of now Speakup is supported by both RH and Slack. And as for the most GPL heavygroup Debian, Speakup won't be in that distro for quite some time to come I suspect aside from the modified installers we make.
I've actually tried several times to see about getting speakup included in to the distro and the idea I got back from them was basically, its a nice product but doesn't benefit the majority of us so we won't include it in to the install process.
In a way I do see their point because there's not only that issue to deal with we'd also have to make it work on all the different machine types debian runs on and we don't have any way of testing this.

So to those who think RH is the bad guy in this market their not in my opinion.

Hate to say it this way but when people think of linux they think of Red Hat so having Speakup out there for the general public to get their hands on is a good thing.

Tommy