No subject

Sat Dec 1 17:18:54 EST 2012

system I was thinking the root partition and the swap partition should go on
/dev/hda and the home partition should go on /dev/hdb.
        This would make system backup more convenient as I would only have
to backup the /dev/hdb drive to save user data.
In the event that I do anything to cause the kernel to blow up I could
simply flatten /dev/hda and re-install it and re-create the user accounts
whose data is still stored on /dev/hdb and or my backups.
  I was figuring that I would optimize hd space usage by using the 2 gb
drive as /dev/hda and use the 1.6 gb as /dev/hdb as I don't estimate that my
system would have any more than 2 too 5 users, root, an user account, for
myself, and one too three accounts that I might create to facilitate my own
fooling around and attempting to learn more about Linux aside from the
accounts which some Linux services, processes create after they are compiled
into the kernel and started.
I was also thinking of putting a min of two nics into the system so it could
be used to store a dynamic routing table for dns and create an ip subnet
mask so though I am paying for only one ip through my cable internet service
provider all the machines I have at home could both access the internet and
be accessed from the internet by me.
I know that steps to create an ip subnet mask and setup dns are well
documented at linuxdoc.org and I enjoy reading tech docs as required so I
won't bor you guys with questions that have already been answered elsewhere.
I have read the readme files pertaining to speakup when it is installed with
both Red Hat 7 and 7.2 respectively and I already have copies of both
versions gotten directly from a Red Hat mirror.
Due to the fact that easy-to-use boot disk images are available for 7.0 and
I don't need to modify any software which I already have other than
downloading the appropriate boot image and using rawrite to copy it to
floppy it seems that this would be the best distro to choose in my case.
In reading the speakup-related readme for Red Hat 7.2 it seems that I would
have to radically alter the CDs I already have to make it work with speakup
and I don't really want the extra work at the moment.
Lastly, for synths I have two Accents, a pc and an sa, a transport, and a
BNS.