No subject

Sat Dec 1 17:18:54 EST 2012

use rawrite to put these disk images onto six blank floppy disks.

You'll also need base2-2.tgz somewhere. I don't know where it can be
had via http from braille.uwo.ca, but I happen to have it on my
system...so no worries, we'll get there in a second.

Anyway, to boot the system, stick your rescue disk in your drive and
turn your computer on. When the drive stops spinning, type
linux synth=something
where something is the synthesizer designator. (For example, if you
have a Doubletalk LT, use
linux speakup_synth=ltlk

If you need to know which synth designator you need, we can tell you,
but we need to know which one you have. Press enter after you type
this, then just follow the instructions as they come up. It's fairly
self-exlanatory.

When you get to the bit where it installs the base system (fairly far
down the lit), I have it at
http://dalek.dhs.org

Just put that in when you select to install your base system over
http, and set the port as port 80.

Course, if you want a bootable CD instead, you can get (from the same
/pub/speakup/disks/debian directory) debian2.2-speakup.iso, which is a
bootable, speakup-enabled Debian install CD. You'd boot it in similar
fashion to the above-mentioned rescue floppy.

Is this clear as mud?
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV    | From the pines down to the projects,
Email: davros at ycardz.com | Life pushes up through the cracks.