No subject

Sat Dec 1 17:18:54 EST 2012

use it but Gene Collins and a number of other folks on the list do use
it.

As far as cvs goes, the problem you are having is caused by your
friends isp not resloving a reverse lookup on his/her ip address.
When you connect to the cvs server it does a reverse lookup on the
address.  It takes that returned host.domain name and then resolves it
forward.  If it does not resolve then it assumes someone is doing ip
spoofing and refuses to talk any further.

We have been discussing a new speakup release recently on the
reflector.  If it looks like the speakup hooks are going to stay in
the kernel then we will create a new release.  Cvs will then only work
with kernels newer than the release snap shot.  If speakup does not
stay in the kernel then I would still like to get modularization of
the synth drivers in place before I make a new release.

But! while we are on the subject of releases, we need to take a public
vote.  Should the next release of speakup whenever it is released be
version 0.11 or as some folks are arguing 1.0?  I'll put it to a vote
because it seems quite a few people have an opinion on the subject.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061