Major Bonehead move:

Devon Stewart devonst17 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 14:51:11 EDT 2012

I' e done stuff like this in the past. If the machine is still running you should be fine. My example will be with Debian, since that's what I run at home. As root, type:

aptitude reinstall ?installed

which should go through all packages and reinstall them. You'll probably find other solutions are out there for other distros.

Good luck!

-Devon