Virtualization and Speakup

Øyvind Lode - Forums forums at lode.is
Thu Aug 23 10:22:46 EDT 2012

Hi all:

I would like to build a new machine and use it as a virtualization server.

I want to run Debian Squeeze (6.0 stable) as host OS on the server.
This Debian server will be a text mode console only running Speakup and brltty.

Is there any virtualization software that will run in text mode and which is accessible with Speakup?

As I said I would like to run Debian Squeeze or maybe Wheezy as the host OS and use this machine to test different distros and setups.
For instance running a virtual Debian sid, virtual Debian testing, Ubuntu Server, Arch as guest OS'es on this box.

I've heard about QEMU and using it as a virtualizer using KVM kernel module.
Is this the way to go?

My knowledge on this subject is limited, so please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.