talking archlinux

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 16:29:48 EDT 2012

/It shouldn't make a difference, because you should *always* get the
latest packages from pacstrap, but try

pacman -Syyu

before you run pacstrap for the first time. You will get warnings about
the database not being found, but the above command will load it into
ram if you are installing from the live image. If you are using an
existing installation to install to a new system, you won't get the
warnings,but your system will start up-to-date and will be able to find
all the necessary packages. It almost seems that the name of a package
has changed, which would cause the problem you mention if the database
is not reloaded. Having said this, I could be completely wrong, since
when I did my install to a flash drive, I didn't have your problem. Hope
this helps.
~Kyle
/