Help with Speakup and Linux?

Blake Hardin blakehardin5487 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 03:19:19 EDT 2012

On 8/3/12, speakup-request at braille.uwo.ca
<speakup-request at braille.uwo.ca> wrote:
> speakup mailing list.  This list is meant specifically for topics
> relating to, but not limited to the speakup screen review kernel
> patches for Linux. We hope you enjoy your time on the list and will
> become a valuable contributor to the speakup project.
>   Kirk
>
> To post to this list, send your message to:
>
>   speakup at braille.uwo.ca

> If you ever want to unsubscribe or change your options (eg, switch to
> or from digest mode, change your password, etc.), visit your
> subscription page at:
>

> http://speech.braille.uwo.ca/mailman/options/speakup/blakehardin5487%40gmail.com

>   Speakup-request at braille.uwo.ca
>
> with the word `help' in the subject or body (don't include the
> quotes), and you will get back a message with instructions.
>
> You must know your password to change your options (including changing
> the password, itself) or to unsubscribe without confirmation.  It is:
>
>   keyboard
>
> Normally, Mailman will remind you of your braille.uwo.ca mailing list
> passwords once every month, although you can disable this if you
> prefer.  This reminder will also include instructions on how to
> unsubscribe or change your account options.  There is also a button on
> your options page that will email your current password to you.

Hi all I believe this is the right list for this topic. I downloaded
the latest version of GRML linux and I put the CD in to my computer
and when I type
modprobe speakup_soft espeakup
no speech is started. However for some reason if I type espeak and hit
inter it starts talking but it wont report anything on the screen. If
I type "LS" and hit inter it just says "LS" and thats it. The numpad
keys do not function at all. I also tried typing swspeak but that
didn't work. Any ideas here? I downloaded the full version that was
like 700 MB and tried it with the 32 and 64 bits.

--
If you have an interest in computers please see my blog at
everythingaboutcomputers.org