mixing media, was talking debian install.

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Tue Apr 10 17:09:19 EDT 2012

Well I am selective about these things.
My main  computer, the one I am using at this moment has..
1, 3.5 drive
1, 5.25 drive
an internal cd burner, and two internal hard drives.
the laptop on which I was thinking of installing until I learned it only
has one hard drive bay
has a floppy, 3.5 a cd  burner,  and a hard drive.
The last machine that will likely hold the install now has a 3.5 drive and
did have two internal hard drives until recently.
all of my machines have usb ports,  and all of the machines with operating
systems run dos.
I have a 160 gb external hard drive as well for backup purposes.

I hav
e an older mac too for running production software, but that is
beyond the scope of this discussion.
When my friend was here on Sunday, he checked both bios to see if
eitehrhad the option in them to boot from usb, neither the IBM thinkpad
600 series, or the second custom built  desktop has this option.
Karen