new talking debian

Doug Smith braillefingers at gmx.com
Mon Apr 2 20:57:40 EDT 2012

Hi, there.  Ok, Compaq CQ-61, single-core AMD Cempron, unknown make of audio hardware, atheros wireless equipment, 250-gb hard disk, using the latest
Debian installer from

http://www.debian.org/devel/ and all is well that ends well, and I am completely satisfied with it.

The installer itself worked like a dream with speakup standing by me at every turn.  After installation, the system came right up talking and I
haven't had a lick of trouble out of it yet.  My computer, named after the famous starship Enterprise has just been in space dock for a refit and is
running like a dream.

If there is any specific information you can give me about these unexplained failures you have been experiencing, I will be glad to look into them and
help you.

Glad to help.

Doug Smith