distributions for X

G.E. GlennErvin at cableone.net
Tue Sep 27 21:35:58 EDT 2011

Kelly,
Just what do you do with x windows?
I saw your post and looked it up on the web, and wikipedia tried to explain
it, but I still really don't understand it.
Sounds like it is a server for terminals, but I don't quite get it.
But wikipedia did say this about accessibility:
" Computer accessibility related issues
Systems built upon the X windowing system may have accessibility issues that
make utilization of a computer difficult for disabled users, including right
click, double click, middle click, mouseover, and focus stealing. Some X11
clients deal with accessibility issues better than others, so those with
accessibility problems are not locked out of using X11. However there is no
accessibility standard or accessibility guidelines for X11. Within the X11
standards process there is no working group on accessibility, so the known
ongoing accessibility problems are probably going to persist into the
future.

"
Anyway, I would be curios as to how it can be used.
Thanks.

Glenn