grml boot prompt question

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Wed Sep 21 21:00:07 EDT 2011

On a laptop once the start button is pressed how can I get the computer to
stop at the boot prompt so I can get it talking?  The justmarry
distribution and I got the 700M sized version.  One thing that would be
useful for that testcd command on boot prompt is to have it speak testing
when it starts and a bad cd or good cd when it finishes over the sound
card.  maybe display stuff on the screen too, but speak those messages too
so at least those of us without internal optical capability can test our
cd's too.

Jude <jdashiel at shellworld.net>
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet
of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's
got God on his side."
~ Bill Hicks