preparing a windows machine for dual booting

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Mon Oct 24 06:55:18 EDT 2011

Hi all,

The first step in preparing a windows machine for dual booting seems to
be to resize the partition containing windows to release sufficient disk
space for the Linux I wish to install.  I assume parted is the tool of
choice to resize an ntfs partition.  But how do I assure that data are
not lost in doing so?  What tool will move all the windows data into
the reduced partition size?

A few tips would be appreciated, this is new territory for me.

Thanks,

--
Chuck in Hudson.