speakup and a USB numeric keypad

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Oct 19 06:44:35 EDT 2011

I did have problems however.  The problem I had was that the insert
key would not act as a normal insert modifier.  Apparently, this
particular keyboard was intended strictly to be for numeric kaying and
the insert key on that pad was actually built as a tab key for the
keyer to tab to the next field.  Thus I could never get the other keys
on the pad to do anything but enter numbers!  It was a total bust for
me.  I don't know how to address this issue with store help to be sure
to pick the correct keyboard next time I look for one.  Not sure what
to look for on any of the packaging.  I'm glad that can still be a
possibility but at this point, I can't say what brands to either avoid
or embrace.