Tip for VMware fusion users running a Speakup-enabled Linux distribution

Keith Hinton keithint1234 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 03:42:39 EST 2011

Hi folks.
First, I'll be asuming here that if you'll be using my tip, that
you'll be using a Mac laptop keyboard without a standard printscreen.
If you loook at the Virtual Machine menu, at least I think that's
where this other menu is, you'll find a "send key" menu.
In that list of keys is a "print screen" key.
I believe, that sending that at the VM with Speakup running will
enable you to bring Speakup back up if it's currently not talking.
See if that helps.
Of course, if you have a full-sized desktop keyboard such as a
standard Microsoft Windows 401 U.S layout keyboard, since that has a
dedicated print-screen key, if you had that connected to the VM, then
the menus would be completely unnecessary.
Either way, let me know if that works for anyone who might be using
Linux in a VM environment!

--
Regards, --Keith
Website: