making room for linux

Dawes, Stephen Stephen.Dawes at calgary.ca
Wed Nov 23 13:44:26 EST 2011

Well, you don't need to use a 3rd disk partition tool any longer. Windows 7 allows you to shrink and grow partitions at will including on the fly. The one partition you can immediately clear off is the one containing the install media. Back up this to a DVD and you have new free space. I know you asked in the past, and I still stand by suggestion of making use to a virtual solution. Also be forewarned that if you do make major changes to partitions you may void the warranty. So, carve out a 50 / 60 GB virtual space and have at it.

JMHO

Stephen Dawes