disabling/dimming the monitor

G.E. GlennErvin at cableone.net
Mon Nov 7 20:09:46 EST 2011

Hi Ty,
Some laptops allow you to turn the screen off by pressing the FN key and one
of the function keys.  Others only allow you to lower the brightness, or
increase it, using the FN key and a couple of the function keys.  Some
laptops will do all three with the same method.
You will either have to experiment, or have some eyes look at the
hieroglyphics on the function keys to see what picture looks like a symbol
depicting light and dark, or a shade or something.
Also, I know that Vinux has a keyboard command for turning it off, and maybe
there is a general Linux command for that as well.
HTH.
Glenn