disabling/dimming the monitor

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Mon Nov 7 19:52:54 EST 2011

Depends on the laptop. Some can dim using acpi, many have a video card
specific tool like radion-tool that can set the backlight.

Asus has ACPI modules that control screen brightness and the like for
their hardware.
If your acpi-support scripts are good enough the laptop brightness keys
can also work whatever they are.
Putting a light towell over the screen also works if you can get none of
the above to go.
Regards, Kerry.