Cut-and-Paste in AT in Speakup?

pj at pjb.com.au pj at pjb.com.au
Sat May 21 02:25:31 EDT 2011

Greetings,

Gregory Nowak wrote:
> Hmmm, how about the speakup user's guide?

Yes, there it is,  http://linux-speakup.org/spkguide.txt
somewhere around p27.  Yikes... all those new keys to learn..

Frost wrote:
> "speakupconf" is included in the speakup-tools package ...
> There is another program, I believe, called "talkwith" that
> allows you to change synthesizers on the fly

I installed speakup-tools.  Has anybody ever suggested a
 talkwith -l
option to list the available synths ?

Storm Dragon wrote:
> Is there any way to get something into the paste buffer
> without using the cut command? Maybe something like:
>   echo "hello world" | speakup-paste-buffer

I think that's a very good suggestion.  Or perhaps:
  echo "hello world" > /sys/accessibility/speakup/soft/buffer
And being able to read the buffer might also be useful.

Frost wrote:
> Far as I can tell, the only program speakup has problems with
> is edbrowse.  While you can cut from it, you can't paste into
> it without crashing something.

That's most unfortunate for old vi users such as myself.
In an xterm I can paste successfully into edbrowse using the mouse...
AFIAK edbrowse just reads lines from its stdin, just like ed,
or bash, so I'm not sure why there should be a problem.

Regards,  Peter Billam

http://www.pjb.com.au       pj at pjb.com.au      (03) 6278 9410
"Was der Meister nicht kann,   vermöcht es der Knabe, hätt er
 ihm immer gehorcht?"   Siegfried to Mime, from Act 1 Scene 2