Cut-and-Paste in AT in Speakup?

Frost znvyyvfgf at gmail.com
Fri May 20 11:19:12 EDT 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 08:47:19AM +1000, pj at pjb.com.au wrote:
> How to highlight the text initially ? is that with gpm and mouse ?

The cut keystrokes both mark the beginning and end of the text, and you
navigate round the screen with either the number key on the numeric
keypad for the desktop layout, or the Capslock or insert keys, plus the
uio jkl and m,. keys, simulating the numeric keypad on the laptop.

> Where is this laptop-layout documented ?

	Speakup has a decent menu screen you can cursor up and down in,
or hit the spacebar to leave, and you can call it up by pressing
Capslock or Insert and F1.  Other controls can be set by echoing
variables into the /sys/accessibility/speakup directory contents, for
instance:

echo "0" > /sys/accessibility/speakup/soft/vol

...will turn the volume all the way down, and is good for setting up
some programs from a script, to have speakup act the way you like when
you run a particular program.

	A program called "speakupconf" is included in the speakup-tools
package and will allow you to save default settings.  Root's
configuration is saved in the /etc/speakup directory and can be loaded
at boot time from usually the /etc/rc.local script.  'man speakupconf'
for nore info.

	There is another program, I believe, called "talkwith" that
allows you to change synthesizers on the fly if you also have a hardware
synthesizer and don't wish to use the software synth.  HTH,

				Michael

--
Linux User:	177869 # Powered By: Intel # http://rivensight.dyndns.org