Changing keymap on Debian Squeeze

Øyvind Lode - Forums forums at lode.is
Sun May 8 13:51:59 EDT 2011

Hi:

Both no and no-latin1 is present in /usr/share/keymaps.
I got someone to look at the screen and when I try to run "loadkeys no" or "loadkeys no-latin" loadkeys exits with:
The gzip not found.
The gzip command is not present.
It's impossible to install/configure the system without the proper keymap loaded.