Speech-dispatcher

Frost znvyyvfgf at gmail.com
Mon May 2 04:11:18 EDT 2011

On Sun, May 01, 2011 at 09:08:10AM -0700, Keith Hinton wrote:
> Also, SpeechD-up has major issues on multiple processor-SMP enabled
> machines, unless you count the Vinux project doing all the tweeks to
> SpeechD-up with that project. Only Espeakup on any other system did
> fine.

	espeakup garbles things after 3 or four screenfuls have been
displayed on my Quad-Core system.  Doesn't do it while running with the
LTLK, LiteTalk hardware synthesizer, which no longer seems to work under
the 2.6.38 kernel.  Stops echoing typed characters on occasion, and like
I said, garbles the hell out of speech output after about 3 screens of
text have been displayed..  At the shell prompt, while reading web pages
and text files under lynx and less and more, and while chatting with
irssi, so I tend to hear it alot when running speakup_soft..

				Michael

--
Linux User:	177869 # Powered By: Intel # http://rivensight.dyndns.org