freebsd speakup

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 13:39:20 EDT 2011

Just my opinion, but in order for YASR to be more usable, it needs to be
able to run as a background process similar to brltty. As it stands now,
the last version of YASR I tried still ran as a subshell, rendering it
nearly unusable except in a single terminal. The subshell approach does
have the advantage that it can run in gnome-terminal or xterm, but for
most tasks, a background process would be much more desirable. I may be
way off base, but I'm thinking that even if someone does step up and
maintain the YASR code again, it will most likely need to be redesigned
in order to be used systemwide.
~Kyle