Debian Install ALSA/Intel Issue

Alonzo Cuellar mariachiac at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 22:50:06 EST 2011

Hello Liz,
You'd have to see the output of dmesg
I'm not at my current machine at the moment. However, when you plugin your usb device, look at the lines dmesg displays.
You should see something like what type of device it is, it being on sdb, and then it referencing sdb1 as what to specify to mount.
then you'd just create a directory in our home directory, or your current working environment as follows
mkdir drive
mount /dev/sdb1 drive
Then you'd be able to do the following
cd drive
ls drive
then you'd view the contents. to un mount simply return back to your home directory by doing
cd ~
or cd ..
for the previous directory then do
unmount /dev/sdb1
This is a basic summary of what to do. I'm sorry its not therro