Debian Install ALSA/Intel Issue

Christopher Brannon chris at the-brannons.com
Tue Mar 8 12:45:35 EST 2011

Liz Hare <doggene at earthlink.net> writes:

> Do you have any ideas of how I can do this? I'm installing from CD on
> a system that doesn't have any OS already installed.

Hi Liz,
Maybe.

If you have a floppy drive and a spare floppy,
mount /dev/fd0 /mnt
amixer > /mnt/out.txt
Yes, those old floppy drives are still good for something!  You can hear
the motor and know that the data is being saved.
I've done the same thing with USB storage devices.

How about your local area network?  If you can somehow cajole the
machine into connecting to the Internet, then you can upload the data to
me using the nc utility.  I'm fairly certain it is available on the .iso
you are using.  I'll tell you where to upload off-list.

-- Chris