espeakup and sound cards?

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 19:51:55 EST 2011

My experience with pulseaudio on Arch has been quite a bit better. It's
most likely due to the audio systems handling each sound card
differently, which is indeed a mess. My problem is that especially with
Alsa, my system seems to be muted rather than a sane volume being set.
This doesn't appear to be a problem with my onboard device, since the
talking installer came up right away, albeit at a rather low volume. It
always happens, however, on my Soundblaster Live Value, which always
starts muted, even when sane volumes are supposed to be set, such as in
Vinux and Ubuntu.
~Kyle