tip for archers

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Fri Mar 4 11:04:35 EST 2011

I haven't messed with this program yet but what I like to do with most
applications on my Arch systems is to make them into packages for arch
package and dependency tracking purposes; easier to remove later on
too.  In that context, I can then make corrections to most programs to
use the correct python version.  Most often, that means making a
change in the PKGBUILD script to force python programs to use python2
instead of python.  That way, My symbolic links don't have to be
changed around.  Frankly, if I do any python work, I want to have
normal access to the latest version and that is 3.1 now.  Anyway, just
my idea and how I would approach things and I really love the Arch
Build System (ABS) building packages is so easy with this.