Serial conflict

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Thu Mar 3 11:54:27 EST 2011

On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 04:24:44PM +0000, Christopher Brannon wrote:
> There's no speakup.synth parameter.  It just loads the softsynth module
> and starts espeakup.
Oh, so there's no way to override the startup boot options like other
live media? I thought that was a native function of the kernel. But if
those other modules aren't loaded in the initial RAMFS, maybe that
wouldn't be possible.  I was just thinking if one wanted to try out
serial support at boot time.  No big deal here but I thought it would
be interesting to try.