changing espeak's voice for speakup

jeremy icu8it2 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 18:29:50 EDT 2011

Hello list. forgive me if this has already been asked but how does one
go about changing the voice espeak uses in the console. I am using
speakup via espeakup and have this god offal Scottish voice where I'd
like it to be just the normal american one. I see files in the
/sys/accessibility/speakup/ directory that may change it but don't
understand what numbers or settings I'd need to add for the right voice
variant. Any ideas would be awesome. Btw, any ideas on information or
pages I may can read for this would work. I've read through the archives
but can't find anything specifically for changing the voice back to normal.
Thanks and take care.