Espeakup and Arch

Austin Seraphin au at sunbeem.net
Sat Jul 23 13:03:25 EDT 2011

Yes you got it! Thank you so much! I think the combination of the two suggestions helped. Speech now comes out of my default, and "aplay -d default <filename.wav>" works too. I find it ironic that after all this mucking about with asound.conf, the final solution came from just deleting it. So it goes. Thanks again. Now I'll have to enable pulseaudio on a user basis, but I think I like that better, it sounded crackly when I tried using it with espeak. Hmm I wonder if this will solve those other weird alsa issues I had. Yes I think you may have something here.

 - Austin