Maximum lines and columns on the console

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sat Jul 23 05:48:55 EDT 2011

Hello,

Hart Larry, le Sat 23 Jul 2011 01:04:11 -0700, a écrit :
>  Conclusions:

4) Please merge that information into what is already on
http://wiki.debian.org/accessibility

Please however not document to set SCREEN_WIDTH and HEIGHT by hand:
console-setup _already_ uses the maximum screen size, there is no need
to hand-compute anything and set them.

>  There is some mention of braille fonts, which might not be readable
>  by most sighted people, but might require fewer bits (pixels),
>  and therefore allow a larger screen character size.

No, these fonts are meant only to display braille glyphs, and can not be
used to display normal text.

That said, I can easily create a package which contains unreadable fonts
of any size, even 1x1.

Samuel