Can One Add Speakup Consoles to a Standard Deb Installation?

Frost znvyyvfgf at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 12:51:44 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 09:00:45AM -0500, Martin McCormick wrote:
> > The Debian installer includes speakup, which allows to work /ith a
> > hardware speech synthetiser.

	They ever get speakUp working with pulse audio in unstable yet?
I know when I tried unstable, it was only two upgrades before all speech
output became FUBAR, and I had to to a scratch install of Squeeze to get
any speech back.  Anyway, I'm gonna ditch Debian and give Ubuntu a try,
at least on the laptop.  Is anyone out there successfully using the
latest Ubuntu release out there on the command line?

				Michael