OT: Twinkle cli

Igor Gueths igueths at lava-net.com
Fri Jan 28 12:41:40 EST 2011

Hi Alonzo and all. I could have tried that, but didn't due to the fact that I
sort of presumed that Twinkle was no longer in active development, the last
release having been in February of 2009. FYI though, Linphone seems to still be
in active development, and as for the ZRTP issue, it seems that tacking Zfone on
can solve that problem fairly nicely indeed. A couple of problems I did have
with Twinkle that I couldn't seem to pin down, were that I couldn't find a way
to set my local IP different from 255.255.255.255. I eventually seemed to have
no choice but to recompile the binary after redefining AUTO_IP4_ADDRESS in sys.h
I think it was, which for me would not be an optimal solution at all. The other
problem I had was that while testing SIP and RTP connectivity between my laptop
and an Asterisk I have running on the same LAN, Twinkle would for some reason
send packets back to itself according to the log file. The only way I could seem
to preclude this behavior, was to set nat_public_ip, which for testing within
the local network, makes no sense because the client then adds the SIP via:
header to all outgoing requests. If anyone has found a way around the above two
issues, I'd be most definitely interested to hear it, else I'm afraid I'll be
sticking with Linphone for the time being.

--
Igor

believed to be clean.