New System with Fedora

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Wed Jan 26 07:59:58 EST 2011

I can't advise as to fedora but I just purchased a computer from Tiger
Direct before Xmas which is a hex core Phenton that came stock with
one serial port.  It is made by IBuyPower which is a gamers computer
but it was only $800.00 without a monitor so if you install using a
serial synth there's at least one stock system which still has rs-232
ports.

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011, Liz Hare wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm about to buy a  new workstation, primarily for statistical analysis, and
> install Fedora on it.
>
> Is it possible for me to install Fedora without help, if I get the machine
> with nothing on it? What is the easiest way to set it up? (The recommended
> Telnet method won't work if there isn't anything on there already, and I
> doubt I can get a new machine with a serial port).
>
> Thanks,
> Liz

phone: (519) 661-3061