serial synth and kernel 2.6.36

covici at ccs.covici.com covici at ccs.covici.com
Sat Jan 15 21:28:49 EST 2011

Hi.  I get the following error when trying to use speakout with kernel
2.6.36

Jan 15 20:36:40 ccs kernel: Ports not available, trying to steal them
Jan 15 20:36:40 ccs kernel: Unable to allocate port at 3f8, errno -16
Jan 15 20:36:40 ccs kernel: Speakout: not found

Now if I take out the (comment out) the return NULL statement
immediately following, it actually works.  Should we test for this error
or what?

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici