Minor issue after install and orca configuration

Joseph Norton joseph.norton at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 19:42:19 EST 2011

Hi Samuel and list:

Just wanted to say thanks for your Espeakup iso image.  I installed Debian with no problems.

I do have one question for you and the list.

If I install and select the graphical installer, Espeakup interferes with the starting of X (or something) and Orca doesn't speak.  However, if I silence speakup as the system is booting, orca starts up normally.

Any of you know what's happening there and how to prevent it?

I can work around, so, not a big deal.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5770 (20110108) __________

http://www.eset.com