speech-dispatcher and espeak

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 16:08:50 EST 2011

I installed Lightspark from AUR so I could get Youtube and other similar
things in the browser. Installing Lightspark pulled in Pulse. I only
replaced the AudioOutputMethod directive in
.speech-dispatcher/conf/speechd.conf to use pulse and noticed the
distortion after I restarted speech-dispatcher, at which point I found
and changed the settings I reported earlier. I have just installed the
pulseaudio-gnome group as I write this message, which replaced
gnome-media and gnome-settings-daemon, as well as pulling in a couple of
additional pulse packages. I'll look at my volume control options, and
I'll probably need to log out and back in, but I'll report my result. As
for speech-dispatcher, once I changed the settings in
/etc/pulse/daemon.conf and restarted speech-dispatcher, everything
started working perfectly.
~Kyle