speech-dispatcher and espeak

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Feb 22 12:37:12 EST 2011

The speech-dispatcher-git package addresses all this or I should say,
that it corrects the default output module situation and sets things
up so it can be run as a central service if you want.  I need to
update the install script so it will remind the person to add the user
to the speechd group.  I haven't had any problems with
speech-dispatcher-git so if there are any other issues with it, let me
know and I can fix that.  I own the speech-dispatcher-git package in
the Arch User Repository (AUR).

Maybe the package in Extra can be modified to include some of what I
do with the git version.  At least as far as doing in-place edits to
the config files any way.