Any Chat Mode in Speakup?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Fri Feb 18 13:57:10 EST 2011

I suppose some of you remember running COMMO, when if you were in chat-mode,
you could toggle this item on.  You would then send or receive a complete line
at 1 time, instead of hearing single characters.  Now if I am in a screen
session-and-some1 is typing, I would really rather hear a full line, so I can
better keep track of what's going on.
I suppose if there is a way to switch speakup to word or sentence mode on the
fly?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions, unless screen has any options?
Hart