Virtualbox or VMWare

Zachary Kline zkline at speedpost.net
Thu Feb 17 11:15:45 EST 2011

Personally, for anything CLI-based, I'd say Linux is the answer most of the time.  Windows just wasn't designed to work from the CLI in the same way Linux was.
That being said, VBoxManage will work under Windows just fine, I believe.  The tricky part will probably be getting it in your PATH so you don't have to be in the VBox directory when you want to run it
Best,
Zack.