using startx to run gnome

Igor Gueths igueths at lava-net.com
Thu Feb 10 13:10:25 EST 2011

It's been a while since I've configured ORca and friends since I haven't
upgraded in a while, but here goes. While I don't use Arch on this laptop, this
Xinitrc that I use to get this going will probably help:
export XDG_DATA_DIRS=/opt/gnome/share
export XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=/opt/gnome/etc/xdg
export
PYTHONPATH=/opt/gnome/lib64/python2.6/site-packages:/opt/gnome/lib/python2.6/site-packages:/opt/gnome/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gtk-2.0
exec dbus-launch --exit-with-session gnome-session

You may have to modify paths and things a bit from the above, but assuming you
have stuff in /opt it should work. As for Orca, if I recall I first ran orca -t,
and selected the option to have it run at startup. Hope this helps somewhat.

--
Igor

believed to be clean.