Anyone have a working yasr config?

Frost znvyyvfgf at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 21:24:00 EDT 2011

	Hello all,

	I'm running Debian, and yasr always gets installed in a
non-working state.  I'm thinking it would be nice to have it as a backup
to speakup, since the 2.6.38 kernels don't want to seem to work with
serial synthesizers like my LiteTalk (LTLK), regardless of the module
settings used.  While I can still:

$: echo "Hello world" > /dev/ttyS0

...and have the synthesizer speak, Speakup won't in the newer kernels,
so I'm looking for a backup screen reader in case the software module
bites the big one.  Anyone have a working yasr config?

				Michael

--
Linux User:	177869 # Powered By: Intel # http://rivensight.dyndns.org