Running Speakup on Ubuntu Lynx?

Janitha Rukmal janitharukmal at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 15:16:01 EDT 2010

  Hi,
I also used to have this issue and similarly didn't find a good
solution. In my case though, Speakup worked pretty well but all the rest
that's to do with sound were muted. I mean to say that even I didn't
hear the loging in sound or any songs / media files with sounds. But I
just reinstalled Ubuntu and I'm still relying on Orca.
If somebody can guide us as to how this
> set pulseaudio to run as
> a system wide service.
Thing can be done, It will be very much appreciated.
I also think that the issue lies there with

pulseaudio.

Regards
Janitha Rukmal