new speakup release coming soon

William Hubbs w.d.hubbs at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 11:54:27 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 04:42:33PM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > That's nearly a year and a half old.  We can conclude that your troubles
> > have nothing to do with recent changes to Speakup.
> > Sorry I can't be more helpful.
>
> I'm happy to update the speakup modules in the kernel package if there
> is a newer stable release.  I would have to consult with the package
> maintainers for the Speakup userland in Debian, though.

 Hi Ben,

 that is actually two releases behind current stable, which is 3.1.5.

We need to do another stable release soon in order to have a release
that compiles with linux 2.6.33 or later.  So let me know here if you
want to use 3.1.5 or wait for 3.1.6.  If no one else can do that
release, I'll put it together later today or tomorrow.

William